Who we are
Our website address is: https://www.thebrightorangepoppy.com/
WHEN REGISTERING FOR USER ACCOUNT OR OTHERWISE USING THE SITE, YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CONFIRM THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTOOD, AND AGREE TO COMPLY WITH THIS POLICY. PLEASE READ THIS POLICY CAREFULLY AS IT DESCRIBES OUR PRIVACY POLICIES AND PRACTICES. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH OUR PRIVACY POLICIES AND PRACTICES, DO NOT USE THE SITE.
THIS POLICY MAY CHANGE FROM TIME TO TIME WITH NOTICE TO YOU. BY CONTINUING TO USE THE SITE AFTER YOU ARE NOTIFIED OF ANY CHANGES, YOU ACCEPT THOSE CHANGES.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
The Bright Orange Poppy collects, processes, stores, and transfers personally-identifiable information that you submit through the Site, and email, telephone, fax, or postal mail relating to your participation in The BOP and our provision of the Site and its other services and Content, including:
- Your User Profile. When creating a user account you may be asked or choose to provide us with your first name, last name, username, postal address, email address, telephone number, billing information, photo, and other information you may wish to feature on your profile. Your profile information may also include your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, and your feedback. While some basic profile information will be required to maintain an active, functional user profile on the Site, your submission of the foregoing information is voluntary.
- Content You Share. You may choose to communicate with us, or other users via messaging, media upload (of photos, videos, etc.), and/or comment features of the Site or a third party messaging service. We collect the content you create and upload on our Site as well as information about that content, such as if the recipient has viewed the content and metadata associated with the content. If you share your information or content with other users, or any type, please remember that your messages, chats, and any other information or media submitted may be further shared by that user with others or become public. Please exercise caution before sharing any non-public information with other users of the Site and respect the Acceptable Use restrictions listed on our Site.
- Business Information. This includes information provided in the course of the contractual or client relationship between you or your organization and us, or otherwise voluntarily provided by you.
- Device Data. We automatically collect certain information that your Internet-enabled device sends when you use our Site, including your IP address, some user settings, which may include device model, connection and browser type, and operating system in use. Depending on your device type and device and browser settings, this information may provide geographic, time zone, or other location information associated with your device.
- Marketing and Communications Preferences. These include your preferences in receiving marketing from us and third parties and your communication preferences. We offer you control over the various types of optional communications made available by us to you, including opt-in and opt-out capabilities. At times, you also will receive mandatory communications from our site when we deliver the services and content that you request or need to advise you of important notices about the Site. In such cases, your only option for opting out of mandatory communications is to cancel your user account with us.
- Contact Information, Feedback, and Inquiries. When you submit feedback to us, contact us for support, or ask us questions, we may collect your first and last name, email address, telephone number, and/or other contact information in order to respond to your feedback, provide support, or answer your questions. This includes records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses and phone numbers) with us, if any.
In accordance with applicable law, we will only use your personally-identifiable information in the following circumstances:
- In most cases, such as enabling you to use the Site and managing your user profile and account, because we have a necessary and legitimate interest in doing so to perform the Services you have requested, or to comply with your instructions or other contractual obligations between you and us;
- Because of our legitimate interests, or those of a third party recipient of your personal information, make the processing necessary, provided those interests are not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms;
- To comply with our legal obligations as well as to keep records of our compliance processes;
- Because you have chosen to publish or display your personal information on a public area of the Site;
- Because it is necessary to protect your vital interests;
- Because it is necessary in the public interest; and/or
- Because you have expressly given us your consent to process your personal information in a particular manner.
We collect personally-identifiable information for the following purposes:
- To enable you to access and use the Site, including to manage user information and accounts;
- To customize your experience, to conduct research and development to test and introduce new features and products, and to improve and monitor the effectiveness of our Site;
- For any other purposes that we specifically communicate to you when we collect that information with your consent, or for which we have a legitimate interest, including customer service and technical support;
- To market our products and services and to provide you with materials about offers, products, and services that may be of interest, including new content or Services, including tailoring content, advertisements, and offers, and to notify you of offers, products and services that may be of interest to you, for other purposes disclosed at the time that you provide your information, or otherwise with your consent;
- We may analyze, evaluate, and/or aggregate this information to help us understand your interests and the interests of our other users, to analyze trends, to optimize your user experience, and improve the Site; and
- We may share aggregated information about the Site and our users, without seeking additional consent, with third parties (including, without limitation, advertisers, media, and actual or potential partners or investors) for informational, marketing, and/or promotional purposes.
Other things you should know:
- We have feedback functionality on the Site that allows you to submit comments or suggestions. We may collect your name or username and email address in order to follow up with you or thank you for a suggestion.
Anonymous Collection of Information
We also collect or request anonymous or non-personally identifiable data and information from you that cannot identify you as an individual unless combined with personally identifiable information, which shall be segregated in a commercially reasonable manner intended to prevent re-identification. For example, our web server collects and stores the following general and aggregate information about your visits to our Site: the originating name of the domain from which you access the Internet; the date and time you access our service; the pages you visit; the Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to us; the name and version of the web browser software you are using. This information is collected automatically for a variety of audience and performance-related purposes, such as tabulating the number of visitors to our Sites in terms of new users, origin of referrers, popularity of pages, amount of use, and types of errors, in addition to making the site more useful to you.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
After approval of your comment, your profile picture is visible to the public in the context of your comment.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
When you provide your contact information to us, or request information about our products, we will enter your contact information in our database of inquiries. We use this information to:
- Process sales & support requests;
- Create accounts;
- Send newsletters;
- Process payments.
Third party vendors who use our multi vendor marketplace ecommerce platform will be able to see contact info you voluntarily provide to us when purchasing a product from their vendor store or submitting an inquiry to their store. Only information necessary to process sales or provide support through their vendor store is made available to them upon submission of the order or inquiry. This may include:
- Name and address;
- Phone number and email.
Vendors are not permitted to use this information for anything other than processing sales and support requests or inquiries; to store the information outside of this site; or to contact customers for any reason other than to process sales and support requests.
We use “cookies,” which are small files stored on your computer’s hard drive that are used to store and track personal information. Many browsers can notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the option to accept it or not. By not accepting cookies, you may not be permitted to access certain information and some site pages may not display properly.
When you visit our Site, the following categories of cookies will be set in your browser:
Strictly necessary cookies. These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around a site and use its features. Without these cookies services you have asked for cannot be provided.
Performance cookies. These cookies collect information so that we can analyze how our visitors use our site. These cookies do not collect information that identifies you. All information these cookies collect is anonymous and is only used to improve how our site works.
Functional cookies. These cookies allow websites and applications to remember choices you make (e.g., such as your user name or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. We may use information collected from functional cookies to identify user behavior and to serve Content based on your user profile. These cookies cannot track your browsing activity on other websites. They do not gather any information about you that could be used for advertising or to record where you’ve been on the Internet outside our site.
Analytics cookies. In order to keep our Site services relevant, easy to use and up-to-date, we use web analytics services to help us understand how people use the site.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Third Party Websites
Additionally, the Site may use third-party service providers to provide various aspects of the Site. Each third-party service provider’s use of your personal information is dictated by their respective privacy policies. The Site currently uses the following third-party service providers:
- Google Analytics – This service tracks website usage and provides information such as referring websites and user actions on the Website. Google Analytics may capture your IP address, but no other personal information is captured by Google Analytics. You can read our agreement with Google Analytics and privacy terms here: https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.